I found a fun recipe that I am going to try tonight and I think it will be fun for the boys to help me with it. Although, like Nicole at Here's The Diehl, I do find that cooking with the children never turns out like you imagine it would! But, I keep trying! ha!
I happen to have ground beef, Grands biscuits, taco seasoning, sour cream, and salsa on hand. I will make a run to the store for some shredded cheese...I still have $1.02 left in my $75 Weekly Grocery Budget and a coupon, so maybe I will be able to stay under the $75!
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup water
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded lettuce, if desired
1/2 cup chopped tomato, if desired
1/2 cup sour cream, if desired
1/2 cup salsa, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2. Add taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes or until ground beef mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, spray outside bottom and sides of 8 muffin tins cups lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Roll or pat each biscuit to form 4 1/2-inch round. Place rounds over outside of sprayed cups; press to fit over bottom and part way down sides of cups. Place cups, upside down, in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 16 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove pan from oven. Carefully remove biscuit cups from muffin tins. Place biscuit cups, right side up, in same baking pan and spoon beef mixture evenly into each cup.
5. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa.