Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday night/Saturday morning - RASCAL FLATTS! woo hoo! I was able to go to the Rascal Flatts concert on Friday night with some of my favorite people. It was a great time and Jessica Simpson opened for them.....UM, if she is overweight/fat/obese - then our countries standards for weight needs to change ASAP! She is great looking and put on a good show! Rascal Flatts, well, they were just okay......JUST KIDDING - the rocked and put on an AMAZING show! Totally worth the money for floor seats!

Afterwards I chauffeured my friends around so they could drink and have a good time and we ended up staying out until 3:00 a.m. - we were talking, being silly, dancing on bars....all completely innocent! ha! ha! I happily delivered them safely home and never once regretted losing a few hours of sleep to make more memories with my girls!

Saturday.....aah, a lazy day! Noah got a chance to go to a friends house and spend the day - he just really enjoys getting to do stuff like this because he's seen his older brother do this and wants so badly to grow up. Randy and Logan ran some errands, got their hair cut, etc., and I relaxed and did some things around the house. I made a big batch of soup and we just relaxed and kicked back in the evening. It was great! I didn't ever take a nap like I thought I would, but I did get to lay around a bit and enjoy the quiet.

Sunday - what a beautiful day! I was supposed to get 10 miles in, well, I did 5 miles - there was a little incident with "black ice" and I slipped and hurt my back, so I cut my run in half - but TOTALLY loved running outside - I definitely run faster outside and the fresh air was great! So I got that done, sent Randy to the Illini game, sent the boys outside, continued to do a few things around the house, then we had a birthday party to go to with our friends - kind of our first "Sunday dinner" of the year.

It was a great weekend, but I definitely feel like I was hit by a truck due to the lack of sleep on Friday! But again, it was worth it! ; )

Hope you have a great week!

Angela

P.S. My favorite quote from the weekend: in response to Noah going to his friend Abel's house on Saturday I said "Now all we need is someone named Cain and Moses to stop by" - ha! ha! I crack myself up!

No comments: