Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Munchies

My co-worker Sheryl always brings me the neatest cookbooks to look through and this morning was no exception, she brought me Taste of Home Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups to look through. All of my great buys last week on meat has left me with menu planning and I didn't do any of that this weekend - so her timing was perfect!

There are some great main dish recipes that are in this, but for a change I thought I would share with you a side dish recipe.....because aren't we always looking for a good side dish?

This one is simple, easy, and can be done in the crock pot! Enjoy!

Creamed Corn

2 pkg. frozen corn (one 16 ounces and one 10 ounces)
1 pkg. cream cheese (8 ounces), softened and cubed
1/4 c. butter, cubed
1 Tb. sugar
1 tsp. salt

In a 3 qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine all ingredients. cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until cheese is melted and corn is tender. Stir just before serving.

No comments: