Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And I survived another Monday......

Mondays are just crazy.....the kids go back to school, my husband and I head off to work, I have a laundry list of "to do's" for the week, speaking of laundry - there's laundry, dinners, lunches to pack, bills to pay, homework to do, blah, blah, blah. Well, I survived - we all did - and next Monday there is no school, so we won't have to survive another one for a little bit! ha!

The one light in my Mondays....is hula dancing. My beautiful friend Jill is super talented and has been hula dancing since she was 7 years old. She has formed a dance group between some of my other beautiful and talented friends and we get together every Monday night and perfect our routine. Last night I think we were all a little goofy and we were just cracking each other up! The camaraderie and laughter was much needed to close out a hectic day.

You know, there was a time when my kids were little and I felt so consumed by babies, diapers, feedings, working outside of the home, etc. - and I felt like I didn't have any good friends to lean on. I had my sister of course, thank goodness, but it's nice to have some good girl friends to lean on, be silly with, and just to know that there are people out there who relate to your situation. In the last year and a half I have met some of the most wonderful people and the great thing is that our husbands and children enjoy spending time together too! How lucky!

So I am holding up my coffee toast this morning to good family, good friends, and surviving another Monday! Cheers!

Angela

No comments: