Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just one of those days.....

You know, as a mother I allow myself all of, oh, 10 minutes to get ready in the morning. This morning it was 5 minutes because I put the makings for potato soup in the crock pot (I prepped everything the night before...kudos to planning ahead), made myself a good breakfast, did a load of laundry, picked up both boys rooms, picked up Lucy's dog toys, started the boys lunches, snuggled with Noah and pointed out that the birds were chirping outside of his window, talked to Logan about his plans for the day, made my lunch......looked at the clock and raced back to my room to find clothes that were clean, not wrinkled and that matched, hurried up and blew my hair dry, threw some make-up on my face, brushed my teeth, hurried the boys to get their coats on, grab an umbrella as I raced out the door (a Buzz Lightyear one!), ran back into the house to grab a box of cereal because I forgot to put a little baggie of cereal in my lunch (yes, I eat cereal for lunch.....in the winter I eat oatmeal - it's my thing!), and I broke up a fight between the boys about where they were going to sit in the car.

The boys reached school safely and I made it to work on time......where it's calm and quiet! Whew!

No comments: