Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Patience Is A Virtue

My patience was tested on January 2nd while trying to travel to Phoenix with my niece and nephew for my sister's surprise 40th birthday party. We were scheduled to leave Bloomington on Air Tran at 5:46 a.m. through Atlanta and arrive in Phoenix at 12:35 p.m. Unfortunately that did not happen and we ended up in Phoenix at 11:30 a.m. on January 3rd. Long story short, I was tested and I believe I handled it all very well and can say that I have been to Phoenix long enough to know that I'm going back there SOON!

In all of the travel madness, I finally got a chance to read almost all of "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert - I am in the homestretch of the book, but have SO many pages marked with quotes for my life that just fit me so well. This was the perfect read for the new year and I am going to leave you with this little snapshot of what I believe to be my mantra for this year. This goes along well with my "I am only going to put my time and energy into the things that matter" goal for this year.

Happy New Year all!

"There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts."

No comments: