Thursday, November 26, 2009

Set your goals and just go

"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: 'I'm with you kid. Let's go.'" Maya Angelou
I know that New Year's Eve is the time for people to make resolutions for the new year with hopes to change the events in their life that they didn't like and make it all better. But I believe that at any time you can set a goal for yourself and "just do it". I dabble in eating right and exercising, it's one of those things that if I have time for it I do it and but it's not consistent. I notice this mainly when I go to put on something that could show off toned arms I want to scream because my arms are not tone and are creeping up slowly to the dreaded "Hello Mary Arms". **sound the Psycho shower scene music here**
I am a working mother and a wife and I am busy with everyone else's life it seems and I am making it a goal from this day forward to schedule time for me. I am going to take time to take care of myself and to eat right and exercise regularly. Now....I am having this epiphany on Thanksgiving Day - a day when I will attend two family celebrations and eat so much crap that Randy will roll me home. AND I am doing this during the cold months which is when my Lupus flares up the most. But I am determined to take control of this desire to be fit and follow through with it.
Now, in doing this I have documented that I am making this pact with myself to make an effort to workout religiously and to eat right. I am so inspired by my Facebook friends that workout religiously and they are just as busy, if not busier than me......so for that I am thankful. Today before I eat all of the great food at each family celebration I am going to workout and I will let the kids know that during that 45-60 minute time period it's my time and unless they are bleeding, leave me alone! ha!
So if you have had some goals in mind start them today....take charge of your life and make something happen for yourself. You can do it and I will support you 100% of the way.

No comments: