Monday, November 16, 2009

Frugal Christmas Shopping Continued

I am trying to be very conscious of the fact that I have gifts to buy for Christmas.....I would love to spend on myself with all of the sales going on now, but I just can't justify it.....well, maybe I can a little! ha!

I received a coupon last week that I could use at any Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic store, including outlet stores - it was 30% off your entire purchase with 5% going to the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. I nearly fell over with joy given that I had come to terms with the fact that I needed to really go out and try on jeans. Not that I've changed sizes, I WISH WISH WISH I would go down just one little, teensy, bitty size....but I haven't shopped for jeans in forever and many times I find myself just grabbing the size I need from wherever and get home to find that they are Ultra Skinny, Low Waist, Not Meant For Mommies That Have Hips and Bend Over A lot Picking Up Whatnot From The Floor Jeans that don't provide me with the fit that I need.

So after I worked the Illini football game on Saturday I found myself with a few hours before I was scheduled to meet some girls out and about and I took advantage of the beautiful weather to travel to the local outlet mall. Armed with my coupon my first stop was Gap.....this is my style, I love their clothes and have for a long time and they were having decent sales on Saturday. I tried on 6 pair of jeans total and ended up buying 3 pair for around $25 each!

My next mission was Old Navy....this time not for me, but for my boys for Christmas! I wanted to get them each robes and jammies - no luck in that department. However, all fleece was Buy One Get One Free and I got them each fleece pullovers, waffle shirts and boxers for under the tree and in their stockings, I'm sure they will be thrilled - but the pullovers ended up being about $5.00 each and I like them, so there! ; )

I ended up going back to Gap and bought them robes originally priced at $29.99 for $15.00 - they have a skull on it, which seems to be on EVERYTHING for boys - so they'll be excited!

I also got a chance to go to a Pampered Chef party on Friday and actually bought a great gift for a family gift exchange that I'm in.....I won't list the contents just in case my family reads this! BUT, if you get invited to a home party like Tastefully Simple, Lia Sophia, Pampered Chef, etc., figure out who is on your list that might enjoy something from those companies and you can give your friend the benefit of purchasing from his/her party and mark someone off your list!

If you are looking for any bargains this week - Gap Outlet has their fleece marked 50% off and I know that hats, scarves, and gloves/mittens are great gifts for any teenage girls you might have on your list? And sweatshirts are always a great gift for boys.

I haven't officially made my shopping list for this year, I've done a rundown in my head of who I know we have to buy for, etc., but I need to really get that done or else I will overbuy and that's just not very frugal! ha! Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cracking up at your jeans description!