Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally Friday!

I love the weekends.....time to relax, get some things done, and spend time with my family and friends!

Tonight I organized a fun family night with our friends and their children. Our local library has a free movie with popcorn and lemonade and then we have invited everyone back to our house for pizza. All of us have goals to save money this year and this is an inexpensive get together that will be lots of fun - I can't wait!

Saturday is a busy day......I have to get 7 miles in for my training and I intend to get that in first thing in the morning. Then we have the Illini game and later that night my girlfriends and I are going to go out in our town to a small neighborhood bar - the owner excitedly announced to us that he is having a DJ for the first time and would love for us to come out. Our town has several bars and there is one that we like to go to because we love the DJ and it's just a good local place, the other one that we like to go to is small and the owner is the sweetest guy and we love to give him business. Usually it's more of a social thing where we take over a table, talk, play our favorite songs on the jukebox, and eat Butch's pizza of course! ha!

Sunday there is nothing on the calendar! WOO HOO! There is an Illini Women's Basketball game at 3:00 p.m. and we might take the boys to that just to get them out of the house. But until then - it will be church, a big breakfast, and lounging......aaaahhhh!

Hope you have lots of fun things planned for the weekend.....be safe, enjoy your family and friends, and we'll see you on Monday!

No comments: