Thursday, January 15, 2009

And I was running.......

Okay, I like to run and it's not always something I get to do because of busy schedules, etc., but there is a marathon coming up in April right here in my hometown and I think I'm going to go for it. The other night when I was upset with my husband and kids and saying a little prayer I asked the Lord to help me find ways to relieve the stresses of my life so that I don't feel like I'm yelling all the time. Stress isn't good for you and the last time I was active in running, I would head out for a long run with the weight of the world on my shoulders and I would return revived and ready to tackle the world.

So this morning I was on my way to work and there was an ad for the local races coming up in April.....and a little voice inside my head said "Just Do It"! Of course I e-mailed my sister and she had been thinking about it too.....and both of us said we would want to do the whole thing. If you are going to do it, you might as well go all out right?

So I am going to get signed up, lace up my running shoes, set up my iPod with some kick a$$ music and get into gear. Of course I chose a day to start doing this when it's minus 35 degrees outside with the wind chill factored in! ha! I have 12-weeks to get myself in shape and I am up for the challenge. I have a goal and that is to complete my first marathon and it's so fitting that the finish line is at the 50-yard line of the place I work. I love it....and I'm also planning my orange and blue outfit for the race.....I have to look cute right?

Your goal might be something completely different than mine, but there is no better day than today to set your sights on it and start. We are officially two weeks into the new year and if you haven't started on your goals, resolutions, or whatever you call them.....now is the time. You have to visualize yourself reaching your goal and walk yourself (or in my case, run yourself - ha!) through the steps that it will take to get there.

Today is the day and know that I'll be on the sidelines cheering you on as you cross the finish line of your goal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goooooo Angela! Although my running goal is decidedly less ambitious than yours, I'll be cheering you on as well.

Here's to setting (and achieving) goals1