Friday, January 16, 2009

5 miles in and lots more to go!

I promise that all of my blogs won't be about running, but I am committing myself to this and so I will occasionally bring it up!

So far many women have said to me about running the marathon "Go for it", "You can do it", and "I'll be on the sidelines cheering you on"......my response from men "NO WAY!", "You can't train for that in 4 months", "You are going to die". And my response to that is "Girls, I love you and thank you for your support. Guys, eat my dust." - as well as "It's on like Donkey Kong", "Girls rule and Boys drool" and "Go big or go home"......you know, very mature, lady-like responses.

I am challenged now - I am determined - I am focused - I am a little crazy, but don't you have to be to be excited about running 26.2 miles?!

Yesterday I logged 5 miles - I set my iPod up with some kick-butt music - a mix of angry rock (Breathe by Prodigy.....a very important reminder for running), classic rock (Thunderstruck by ACDC.....makes me want to run out onto the football field and tackle someone), pop (Womanizer by Britney Spears......need I say more?), and rap (Drop by the Ying Yang Twins.....not only does this song make me want to dance, it's also effective for sprinting as well). I hopped on my treadmill after doing lots of mommy things - dinner, baths, bedtime......and the stress of the day melted away and I just ran. I also had the Discovery Channel on and watched something about scientists trying to find a sunken ship in the English Chanel.....very eye catching and interesting to watch while running.

Also, because I've been eating right and exercising since the beginning of the year....I have also dropped the 9 lbs. I gained from the holidays. Not bad in my opinion.....I have 10 lbs. to go to get to my first goal and then we'll see what I feel like at that point.

I hope that you have a great weekend and that you take some time for yourself.

Love ya - Angela

No comments: