Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Update

What a weekend....

Friday night (yes, this is part of the weekend) - Bulls/Jazz game at the Assembly Hall for an exhibition game. On the way out of the driveway I realize that my tickets were not in my purse, after looking even closer, I was missing other essential items like my credentials to work the Illini football game on Saturday....someone picked these things up out of my purse. Luckily everything was replaceable and we were able to enjoy the Bulls/Jazz game with the kiddos.

Saturday - Eye appointment with the boys - Noah's was necessary because it's now a state law that kindergartners get an eye exam as a part of their physicals. I went ahead and scheduled Logan for good measure. Both boys are farsighted - Noah will eventually need glasses and Logan needs glasses ASAP.....waa! I feel so bad for him and he was very brave when picking out his frames and we talked about other people making fun of him. Here's a snippet of our conversation:

Me: "Buddy, if people make fun of you for wearing glasses, then they're dumb."
Logan: "Mommy, we don't call people dumb."
Me: "Well, anyone who makes fun of others is dumb, and I don't promote you calling people names, but in that case it's okay."
Logan: "Okay."

Saturday afternoon I had to go to work - I was excited to work my first night game with the Illini football team. I'm no longer excited about night games. Dealing with drunks irrational people all day wore me out. And afterwards we tailgated with some good friends, which was fun - but I was so exhausted yesterday that I literally laid around all day.

Sunday - Total relaxation; nothing planned until 5:00 p.m. - I took a shower, ate a good breakfast, and chilled out all day. At 5:00 p.m. we headed over to our friends house for our weekly "family dinner" (we have about 7 couples that take a Sunday and make dinner and we all go over and enjoy good food and good company) and celebrated our sweet Sophia's 3rd birthday. It was nice to spend quality time with our friends.

I'm back to work today and I'm completely exhausted, life is crazy with our boys, with work, getting ready for the holidays. Calgon!! ; )

No comments: