Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Easy Recipe Time!

Okay, this is not my recipe, but it is one that I stole from another busy mommy blogger and I made it last night and it was successful.....so it's worth sharing!

QUICHE

1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
6-7 slices of bacon
1/2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
5 eggs
1 cup skim milk
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425. Press crust into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove, and reduce oven temperature to 375.

In a small skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Discard all but 1 Tbl of bacon fat drippings. Saute onion in bacon fat drippings for about 2 minutes; remove pan from heat. Crumble bacon and set aside.

Sprinkle half of the cheese over the bottom of the pie shell. Evently distribute bacon and onion over the cheese.

In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper. Pour mixture over bacon and onion. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.

We had this with some fruit and Randy and I ate a small salad on the side. For fun I made everyone hot cocoa and it was a fun night! Minus a few "I don't like onions" comments, the boys ate it and I LOVED it!

This recipe will now be added to our rotation - and what I like about it is that I made this quickly while the boys were doing homework and while it was in the oven I cleaned the kitchen up. So after dinner the only thing I had to do was load our plates, cups, etc. into the dishwasher and I was able to relax the rest of the night. That's always a plus!

No comments: